Wednesday, May 1, 2013

thankful for pictures



My mom did an amazing job documenting my childhood. In a day with no digital cameras, she took hundreds of film photos of my brother and I, and she has them all organized by date in photo albums. There's not one birthday or Christmas that we don't have pictures of.




I am so thankful for those photos. I'm only 24, and already I feel like those pictures are from so long ago. My family knows how overly sentimental I am, and family pictures are one of my favorite possessions.




I am also thankful that picture taking is easy and readily accessible now. I am confident that there will never be a period of my life that isn't documented on film. Isn't that crazy to think about? I've seen maybe one picture of my grandpa as a child, and I already have hundreds of pictures of my nieces and nephew.




I hope photos are cherished in the future, like old photos are now. I know they will be in my family, at least!


3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

pictures capture a moment in time... definitely...

why I love taking pictures so much

Anna said...

Thanks for the comment! I agree on photos - I don't understand people who don't take very many! :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

i do miss the days of film just because i have to remind myself to print out the pictures off my phone or digital so we have them in hand. my mom's creative memories albums with all our pics and her journaling is one of my favorite things!